Round Meadow Elementary School
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES!
JOURNEYS/KINDERGARTEN MEET AND GREET
Saturday, August 15, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. at Round Meadow
NEW STUDENTS GRADES 1-5 ORIENTATION
Monday, August 17, 1 p.m. at Round Meadow
Monday, August 17, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.; We will begin in the MPR and move to the classrooms from there.
GRADES 1-5 REGISTRATION
Tuesday, August 18, 3 p.m. (2 p.m. for Fast Pass) - 6 p.m. at Round Meadow.
PLEASE ARRIVE AT THE FOLLOWING TIMES IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER BY LAST NAME
(Scroll to the bottom of this message if you want to beat the crowds and register an hour early at 2 p.m.)
A – H 3:00 – 3:45 p.m.
I – Q 3:45 – 4:30 p.m.
R – Z 4:30 – 5:15 p.m.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COME AT YOUR ASSIGNED TIME, PLEASE ARRIVE AT 5:30 p.m.
- Annual Fundraising Form / Payment (if not paid online)
- Field Trip Form / Payment (if not paid online)
- “Comfort/Love” Note
- LVUSD Emergency Information Form: This MANDATORY form will be available for completion at school on Registration Day, August 18th.
- LVUSD Disaster Release Tag: WITH 2 x 3 PICTURE OF YOUR CHILD. This MANDATORY form will be available for completion on Registration Day, August 18th
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Wednesday, August 19; Students in grades 1-5 will meet their teachers on the lower and upper blacktop areas. As the first day of school is a Wednesday, students will be dismissed at 12:10 or 12:55 depending on whether they eat lunch at school or not. Journeys and Kindergarten students will follow the schedule that was mailed home to families this week.
GRADES 4-5 BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT
Thursday, August 27, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.; We will begin in the MPR and move to the classrooms from there.
GRADES 1-3 BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT
Tuesday, September 1, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.; We will begin in the MPR and move to the classrooms from there.
BEAT THE CROWDS ON REGISTRATION DAY WITH A FAST PASS!
Here’s how it works:
Pay your Blue Level donation ($600) or higher, in full online at www.Pay4SchoolStuff.com before midnight on August 17.
- Print your Pay4SchoolStuff confirmation email. You will need this to proceed to the Fast Pass Registration table on registration day.
Bring your completed registration forms (Emergency forms will need to be filled out at school that day)
Visit the Priority Registration table on the MPR stage.
Receive your teacher assignment!
RMPFA has streamlined the payment process for ALL payments, including Annual Fund, Field Trips and other PFA Events. We are asking all families to click the Pay4SchoolStuff link on the RMPFA website, or go directly to Pay4SchoolStuff.com to create an account.
Families will now pay online for all school sponsored fundraisers with a credit card – Amex, Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
It only takes a few minutes to make supporting your children at Round Meadow a breeze. Just follow these simple directions:
- Go to Pay4schoolstuff.com and click on Parents Get Started Now “Create New Account” at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the prompts to input your name, email address, password, phone number, and address.
- You will then be instructed to enter the name(s) of your kids. Each child needs to be input separately.
- Find school by selecting State, County (Los Angeles) and School Name (Round Meadow)
- Select grade of your child.
- Click “SUBMIT”
- It’s that simple! If you have any questions or need help with this exciting new payment system, please contact
Do you need a reminder about our drop-off and pick-up procedure? Just watch the quick video below.
Welcome to Round Meadow Elementary School where the staff, students, and parents share responsibility to develop academically successful, well-rounded children who are outstanding citizens. Our commitment at Round Meadow is to provide an enriching and nuturing environment where all students can reach and even exceed their potential. We hope you will find our website a continually growing collaboration between our staff, students. and parents.
August 24, 2015
Dear Round Meadow Elementary Families,
Welcome back Colts! Round Meadow Elementary is such a special place for our students and we look forward to another year filled with learning new things, making new friends, and continuing to build our Colt community! In addition to welcoming everyone back to school, I’d like to begin with a few reminders about some of our key policies and procedures:
· Dress code: Spaghetti straps, short shorts/skirts, flip-flops (or other non-closed toed shoes) are not allowed at school. Hats are permitted on the playground, but students should respectfully remove them in the classroom.
· Parking/Drop-off/Pick-up: The field will no longer be open for parking, so will be reverting to our normal parking and drop-off/pick-up procedures. If you park in the lot across from the school, you must escort your child across the cross-walk. It is neither safe nor permitted for children to simply be dropped off in the parking lot to walk across the street by themselves. Similarly, children will not be allowed to cross the street by themselves to meet you in the parking lot at pick-up time. If you are picking up a student in grades 4 or 5 and arrive in the pick-up circle prior to all of the first through third graders getting picked up, you will be asked to leave the pick-up circle and re-enter the line so that the remaining primary student scan be picked up. To avoid this situation, we advise everyone to arrive at school no sooner than 5 minutes before pick-up time for their student. For a refresher on our drop-off and pick-up procedures, please watch the short video here.
· A.M. supervision and tardies: We offer morning supervision starting at 7:30 a.m. Students are not allowed to be on campus prior to 7:30. The gate and office will open promptly at 7:30 so that students can play on the upper black top and play ground while being properly supervised. The gate will close at 8 a.m. when school begins. Any students arriving after 8 will need to enter with a guardian through the office to receive a tardy slip. Making an effort to arrive at school on time sends a positive message to your student about the importance of punctuality as well as their education.
· Sibling Club: The Sibling Club club is a free service we offer that allows the younger siblings of students in grades 4 and 5 to play on the supervised playground while they wait for their older brother or sister to be dismissed at 2:35. This service is for siblings only. Students not waiting for an older sibling will be sent out front to the pick-up area. Likewise, if you (or a grandparent, nanny, or other guardian) comes to pick-up a student, you need to leave with your student. Allowing students to play on our yard after school hours is not safe and is not permitted.
The entire listing of our policies and procedures can be found in your Parent/Student handbook. Students in grades 3-5 have it printed in their new student planners. You can also find a copy of it on our website, here. Additionally, please remember that you checked a box stating that you had read, understood, and agreed to these policies and procedures when you finished your online re-registration.
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone at our back-to-school nights. Remember that grades 4 and 5 will meet on Thursday, August 27 and grades 1 through 3 will meet on Tuesday , September 1. Both evenings will begin at 5:30 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room and the program will conclude promptly at 7 p.m. Back-to-school night is for parents only, so please make arrangements for childcare.
Here’s to a great year at Round Meadow Elementary! GO COLTS!
Round Meadow Elementary, Principal
Student Recognition Awards take place immediately after the Friday assembly according to the following schedule:
1st grade: October 2, December 4, February 5, April 15
2nd grade: October 9, December 11, February 12, April 29
3rd grade: October 16, December 18, February 19, May 6
4th grade: October 23, January 15, March 11, May 13
5th grade: October 30, January 22, April 8, May 27 (@ 11:15)
All school tours begin at 9 a.m. on the dates listed below. For privacy reasons, children are not permitted on school tours (infants are OK). To attend a school tour, please call the school at 818-883-6750.
To report absences, please call 818-883-6750 and press 1.
Please use this number to report an absence each day your child will be out.
Jeremy Resnick, Principal
5151 Round Meadow Road
Hidden Hills, CA. 91302-1198