November 17, 2014
Dear Round Meadow Families,
This week we look forward to productive and collaborative parent-teacher conferences. Please remember that the dismissal schedule for this week is as follows:
· Journeys and Kindergarten: 12 p.m. dismissal Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday; 11:30 a.m. dismissal on Wednesday
· Grades 1-5: 12 p.m. dismissal every day
· There will be no supervision available for students after dismissal so please make arrangements for child care.
· There are no Parker-Anderson Enrichment classes next week but Drama Sue will still be having her classes.
To assist you in helping to understand how your child is performing on both a developmental level as well as in relation to the new California Common Core Standards, I recommend that you spend some time on the following websites:
· http://milestones.greatkids.org This is a great website that has short (1-2 minute) videos of children demonstrating various academic skills at a developmentally appropriate level so that you can see a concrete example of how a “typical” student progresses through the year in different subjects.
· http://tinyurl.com/pbtxgnz This PDF document titled, “What Do I Need to Know About the Common Core: Top 8 Questions Parents Ask Teachers” is a nice, accurate summary that addresses some of the more common questions and misconceptions about the Common Core standards.
This Wednesday, students will participate in our 2nd annual Turkey Trot! You can support your child’s efforts by giving them a good breakfast so that he/she has the fuel needed to jog as many laps as they can that day and by making sure they are dressed appropriately. Pledges can be collected throughout the week and should be turned in by Friday.
Finally, remember that after this week of minimum days, there will be no school November 24-28 for the fall break.
Have a great week! GO COLTS!
Mr. Jeremy Resnick
Round Meadow Elementary, Principal
Student Recognition Awards take place immediately after the Friday assembly according to the following schedule:
1st grade: December 12, February 20, May 1
2nd grade: December 19, February 27, May 8
3rd grade: January 9, March 13, May 15
4th grade: January 16, April 17 May 22
5th grade: February 5, April 24, May 29 (@ 11:15)